Once you’ve logged into your PrairieCat account, you will see a search bar on the main page. Search by entering keywords around a topic — for example, entering the term Lincoln into the main search bar will return materials about Lincoln, with Lincoln in the title, and books either written by Lincoln or authors of the same last name.
A search result based on keyword will provide information about the kind of material (book, ebook, audiobook, music, etc.), the title, author, and a drop-down list of all of the PrairieCat libraries that own the item.
The left side of the search results screen allows you to narrow your search by a number of criteria to help you quickly and easily find the material you’re looking for. Some of these criteria include:
- Format (book, audiobook, CD)
- Libraries that own a certain title
- Publication date
To determine if an item is available or checked out:
- Click on the small + sign to open the dropdown list of libraries that own the material
- Search for the Flagg-Rochelle PL item under the Status
- If the item is checked out, you will be able to see its current due date
- You can also check the status of this item at other libraries in the borrowing network
If you need more assistance with using PrairieCat, our staff is available at any time during business hours.