Library Card & Membership
The Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District provides free library membership and cards to those residing within the district.
Who is Eligible for a Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District Card?
- Library cards for the Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District are provided free of charge to all those residing within the district. All resident cards are issued for three years.
- Persons owning property within the library district but who reside outside the service area may apply for a free card by providing a copy of their most recent tax bill when completing their membership application. One card is issued per family and non-resident taxpayer cards are valid for one year.
- Businesses and institutions within the library district may also apply for a card; the application must be signed by the chief administrator of the institution.
- Library cards from other public libraries may be used at the Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District under reciprocal borrowing guidelines. Non-members are required to have their home library card when applying for a reciprocal borrowing card.
How Do I Apply for a Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District Card?
Library card applications are available in both English and Spanish. Applicants will be required to provide their name, address, and phone number and show two forms of ID — one picture ID or tax bill and at least one with your present address. Examples of acceptable documents include:
Photo ID to Establish Identity
- Driver’s License
- Employment ID
- Firearms ID
- School ID
- State ID
- U.S. Passport
Document to Establish Residency with Current Home Street Address (no P.O. Box)
- Auto Insurance Card/Vehicle Registration
- Bill, Mail, or Pay Stub (must be dated within the last two months and include name and address)
- Insurance or Medicare Card (must have preprinted address)
- Checkbook (with name and address)
- Lease or Mortgage
- Voter Registration Card
Applications for children who have not yet completed eighth grade must be signed onsite by a parent or legal guardian. A parent's identification is accepted as proof of residency for the child.
Any prior fines or charges will have to be paid before the card is issued.
Students under the age of 18 must have a parent sign their Computer User Form in person to use the Internet.
Can I Apply for a Non-Resident Library Card?
If a person resides in or relocates out of the district into an unserved or untaxed area, a non-resident fee for a library card is required by Illinois Statute. The current annual non-resident fee according to the state formula is $105.00. This card can be used for all library services provided to resident patrons and is valid for all members of the family residing at that location for a 12-month period.
A Computer-Use-Only card may be purchased for an annual fee of $25.00 and can be used only by the person the card is issued to. This card can only be used to access the public computers and cannot be used to place holds or check out materials.
New patron registration forms can be printed, filled out, and returned to the Flagg-Rochelle Public Library with the required forms of identification.
How Do I Use My Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District Library Card?
All patrons must present their card when checking out materials.
Library cards are not transferable, and patrons may not check out materials using another member's card.
Library cards from members of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) will be honored at the Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District, just as our cards will be honored at other member libraries.
What if My Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District Card is Lost or Damaged?
If your Flagg-Rochelle Public Library District card is lost or damaged, please report it to the library immediately.
The fee to replace a lost or damaged card is $2 for the first replacement; $5 for the second replacement; and $10 for the third replacement.